Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dorknotes

So, I've obviously been a bad blogger when it comes to making posts. As I surf a number science fiction and fantasy websites every single day, I thought I'd try putting together a handful of my favorite stories each week.

Thank goodness all the Cloverfield discussion is about to come to an end. Is anyone else sick of Cloverfield, Cloverfield, and more Cloverfield on all the science fiction sites? Check out the reviews of Cloverfield. Sounds like a lot of people dig this movie. I suspect it's much ado about nothing and will wait for it to come out on DVD.

The Many Looks of the Imperial Stormtrooper. Nice piece that reviews the evolution and many variants of the Empire's front line soldiers.

New animated web series featuring Iron Man. This is one of the best portrayals of shellhead to date. Seriously. Start with the first video: Iron Man's Adventure. A trailer for the upcoming WB Spider-man Animated is also on the same page.

Has the first picture of the new USS Enterprise from the under production Star Trek movie surfaced? Please don't let this movie suck. I'm not thrilled about JJ Abrams going back to the well--I'd prefer something new--but I do like much of his stuff (Alias, Lost, Mission Impossible 3)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I caught the first couple episodes of this new show and I have to say that it's not bad. It's not brilliant, but I'd rate it as above average. It's certainly better than The Bionic Woman (a show that could have been great, but wasn't). I'm a little worried that the Terminator of the Week formula will get old quick, but I'm going to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and assume they have something else in their bag of tricks.

No comments: