Saturday, May 09, 2009

DC vs Marvel Dustups part 2a

My responses to Lord Mhoram's post (below):

Quicksilver vs. Flash:
This fight is over quicker than you can say, "This fight is over." Besides, Quicksilver's a jerk. He deserves to get the snot beaten out of him.

Giant-Man vs. Orion:
Giant-Man loses this fight not because Orion is so much stronger, but because, as Dilliwag pointed out over on his blog, he's Hank Pym.

Black Panther vs. Blue Beetle:
I don't know much about Blue Beetle, but I know that Black Panther is no one to be messed with. Panther wins.

Quasar vs. Firestorm:
Hmm, I'm not as convinced on this one. Quasar, to me, always seemed like a weak Green Lantern knock-off. And in all the published stories in which I've seen him, he seemed either underpowered, unimiginative, or just plain boring. I think Firestorm gives him a run for his money. In fact, I pick Firestorm for the win.

4 comments:

Lord Mhoram said...

Depends on the Firestorm Powerset - he's changed some over the years. The time period of the comic, IIRC, was at one of his weakest points, which is why I went the way I did.

If it was Firestorm at the top of his powers, I'd give it to him too.

dilliwag said...

Can Hank Pym unleash Ultron? And what if he shrinks down to wasp size? Or what if he pulls some new weapon out of his minute bag of tricks? I'm not so sure this battle is so clear cut. He's Hank Pym!

Michael said...

I'll say about Hank Pym what Rossini said about Wagner: He's got great moments, but bad quarter-hours.

If this fight takes place during one of those great (and rare) moments where Hank is lucid, rational, and taking his meds, this could be an interesting fight. Otherwise, Hank chokes.

Joe said...

Black Panther in a walk. If you think about it, Black Panther is sorta Batman and Captain America rolled into one as far as skills/tricks/tech goes.

Quasar, who is essentially Marvel's Green Lantern (not the lame Kyle Lantern but a REAL Lantern) in powers, would easily defeat THIS Firestorm.

Honestly don't know much about Orion, but if Pym has his crap together, he could beat Orion. But since Orion is this great warrior and all, Orion probably wins.