Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Movie Quotes

The American Film Institute recently released its list of the 100 Greatest Movie Quotes of All Time. I thought the fantasy and science fiction genres were quite underrepresented on the list, so I've put together one of my own. Enjoy.

Yoda: Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. (Return of the Jedi)

Han Solo: Afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie.
Han Solo: I can arrange that! (The Empire Strikes Back)

Yoda: No. Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try. (The Empire Strikes Back)

Everyone: I have a bad feeling about this.... (Star Wars I-VI)

Indiana: I don't know, I'm making this up as I go. (Raiders of the Lost Ark)

Professor Henry Jones: Well, I'm as human as the next man.
Indiana Jones: Dad, I *was* the next man. (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)

Alex Rogan: So...how many Starfighters are left?
Grig: Including you? One. (The Last Starfighter)

Gaff: It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? (Blade Runner)

Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Blade Runner)

Ash: All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up! (Army of Darkness)

Jack Burton: Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things. (Big Trouble in Little China)

Jack Burton: Now I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe. (Big Trouble in Little China)

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me, you're from outer space.
Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space. (Star Trek IV)

Fred Kwan: That was a hell of a thing. (Galaxy Quest)

Jack Sparrow: Anamaria.
[Anamaria slaps Jack]
Will Turner: I suppose, you didn't deserve that one either?
Jack Sparrow: No, that one I deserved. (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)

Edna: No capes! (The Incredibles)

Julius Levinson: All you need is love. John Lennon said that. Smart man, shot in the back. Very sad. (Independence Day)

The Shoveller: We've got a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster. (Mystery Men)

The Sphinx: You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums. (Mystery Men)

The Invisible Man: Well, hello to you, too. And need I remind you, I am naked in the snow. I can't feel any of my extremities. And I mean...any of them. (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Wolverine: You actually go outside in these things?
Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex? (X-Men)

Wolverine: You're so full of $#!%. If you were really so righteous, it'd be you up in that thing, not her. (X-Men)

Professor X: My tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, if you continue to smoke in here, you'll spend the rest of your life believing you are a six year old girl.
Wolverine: You can do that?
Professor X: I'd have Jean braid your hair. (X2)

Bruce Banner: But you know what scares me the most? When I can't fight it anymore, when it takes over, when I totally lose control...I like it. (Hulk)

Dumbledore: It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live. (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

Dumbledore: And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

Esteban: A little clumsy, are you not, my friend?
Zorro: To be your friend I would have to be more than clumsy. I would have to be stupid. (Zorro, the Gay Blade)

Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day? (The Princess Bride)

Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. (The Princess Bride)

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

You forgot "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" from Star Trek II....